Thursday, June 25, 2009

Two Hobos

I am fascinated with all of the amazing bags and purses on Etsy and could spend hours looking through them all. So when my daughter wanted a new purse, I took the plunge and decided to try making a hobo bag... one for her sister, too!

Both girls picked out their own fabric. So cute that they picked almost identical fabrics...even though they live more than 1700 miles apart.

I also made Megan this pouch for her purse. The pattern states it fits a travel sized box of wipes and 2-3 diapers. Since I don't actually have any wipes or diapers to test their theory, I'm taking their word for it. Guess we'll find out. Now that Skyleigh is getting older, it will be nice for Megan to have a few diapers in her regular purse, instead lugging a huge diaper bag.

A peak at the lining fabric and pockets. Lacey already has hers filled :o)



They were fun to make and not as difficult and complicated as I had anticipated. I may even try making more. You know, when somebody finally adds 12 more hours to a day!

4 comments:

MaranathaMom said...

Hey there! Your bags look very nice! I clicked on "Etsy" under my interests list & found your blog. I am a homeschool mom & also have an etsy shop (or 2)...so I was just wondering if you could help me find out more info about the SHE team. I have never heard of that but it sounds really cool. Also, I'm going to start an etsy blog soon & I would LOVE to feature your blog/etsy shop! my most up to date etsy shop is www.lindenlaneclothing.etsy.com I work with a college girl who is in charge of photography. I have recently had a baby so I'm not in any of our photos yet.

Shelley said...

Hi Maranatha! So nice to "meet" you.

The SHE team is one of Ety's teams, which they describe as groups of organized Etsy members who network, share skills, and promote their shops together. A Team forms around a shared location, crafting medium, or another interest.

Here is the profile page of the various teams: http://team.etsy.com/teams.html

You can join as many as you can keep up with. The SHE team is the best group! Always a source of encouragement and support. Sounds like you'd be right at home:o) Here is the first page of the team's June thread. The first post explains how to join. http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6170904

Love your shop and hearted you. Your photos are amazing! I have the worst time getting good ones! I also followed you on twitter. I am prairiecottage there.

Congratulations on the new baby and I'm looking forward to chatting more through SHE team!

Cheryl said...

great looking purses!

and yes... lol... too bad we can't have more hours in a day sometimes!

Very Verdant said...

These turned out really great! More hours in the day? I don't know. I would just fill them with more things to do, which would make me even more tired.

No, seriously, great purses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...