Monday, December 20, 2010

Indian Tacos

2928671249_0216d7976c_z
This is more of a construction method than a recipe :)  It will feed just a few or a crowd. 
(You’ll just need more chili and bread dough for the crowd).
INDIAN TACOS:  You will need: Bread dough – frozen or homemade
Chili (canned or homemade – I grab a bag of BIG BATCH chili from the freezer).  Prepare and keep warm while making the bread.

Toppings of choice: sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, onion, avocado, olives, and/or whatever else sounds yummy.
Prepare and/or thaw bread dough.  Allow to rise once.  Divide each dough “loaf” into 7-8 portions.  Use your hands to gently pull and shape into a flat round.  Poke 2-3 small holes in the center.  This allows the bread to stay flat. 
Make only a few at a time and don’t let them rise again.  Deep fry at approximately 390 degrees. 
See the holes?
Dec1 016
Turn when golden brown, to cook the other side -
Dec1 018
Drain on paper towels. 
Slap one on a plate and layer it up with chili and your accoutrements of choice. 
52567205_7df3191ed7_z
 eNjOy!

Linking to:
TastyTuesday200pixTempt my Tummy Tuesdays
Delicious Dishes

4 comments:

Sharee said...

These are a wonderful, frugal way to feed a crowd! I'd love to have you share your recipe at Delicious Dishes link party on Balance Today.

Sharee said...

Shelley,
Thank you for putting a link to my "Delicious Dishes" on your blog. I can't put my button code in a comment(html is not allowed), but it is available at the very top right hand side of my balance-today.com blog. And be sure to check out today's entry while you are there!

Thanks again!

Printabelle said...

Love these! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3188 Thanks!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

These look delicious! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...