Monday, April 18, 2011

Easy Ham

Can you guess what 2 ordinary ingredients made such a pretty glaze?
a26f4fce_hamfinal
It’s quick, simple and always a favorite.  This recipe works equally well with a spiral, boneless or regular shank ham.   
EASY BAKE HAM
1 ham
1/2 – 3/4 cup yellow mustard
1/2 – 3/4 brown sugar
1 can sliced pineapple (optional)
Note:  I use the smaller amount of brown sugar and mustard if making a small ham, but I really don’t even measure it anymore!  Just dump brown sugar in a bowl and stir in mustard until it makes a thick glaze/paste.  Slather it on the ham and bake per the directions on the ham’s label. 
If using pineapple rings, add for the last half hour.

4 comments:

Sonja said...

Mmm, Yum! I have used brown sugar and apple juice but this sounds really yummy. I will definitely have to give it a try.

Bird Stalker Photography said...

Loving all these ham recipes. That ham is making me hungry lol!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I've made one like this and it's so YUMMY :)

Leah Beyer said...

Sometimes it is the most simple things in life that are the best. Ham is looking great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...