Sunday, September 4, 2011

Falling

I’ve always been a huge fan of summer. . . mainly, for the long warm days.   But the last few years have only allowed for a few short weeks of true summer weather, so I guess warmer days is more accurate! 
The cold nights and early sunsets have already begun and still I try to hang on tightly to the memory of summer.  The flowers and every green plant that brightens the prairie ground.  Summer sports.  Camping. 
September1031
I hesitate for it all to end. 
244781181_7776034b03[3]
Fall.  For us, it’s really just another word for winter.  An almost winter.  Snow.  Cold.  Wind. 
September_010[1]
And I’m okay with that.  Once it’s painfully evident that the warm, it has departed. 
Aug_21_031
But for now, even though warm fall colors are starting to make an appearance around the house. . .
September_104[8]
my heart is hanging onto summer. 

Linking to:
  Picture-35
Photobucket"

1 comment:

PC said...

Love your fall wreath! Thanks for sharing, Paula in Idaho

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...